UMHS Image Bank
Photos and images from across the U-M Health System, including the Medical School and the Hospitals and Health Centers!
These images may be used for any official UMHS or U-M purpose, and shared with the news media and external organizations. All rights to all images in this database belong to UMHS or one of its units.
Non-U-M users may use these images for non-commercial purposes through a Creative
Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license but must display the following credit with each image: "Courtesy University of Michigan, available under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 license."
How do I find an image?
- BROWSE: Click "show all" at left to see every image. Click the page numbers to browse through all the pages.
- SEARCH: Type a search word into the search box at left. If the word appears in an image’s file name, keywords or description you will find it.
- CHOOSE A CATEGORY: Click one of the words below "Categories" at left, to see all images in that category. Click Aerials to see all photos taken from the air
How do I save an image onto my computer?
If you want to save more than one image at once, click each image and choose "Add to Favorites". When you have them all, click "zip format" to create a Zip file containing all the images, which you can save to your computer.
I don't see the image I need – how can I find one?
- LOGOS: Visit this page to download U-M and UMHS logos (U-M employees only – log in using your Kerberos password)
- UMHS IMAGES: E-mail email@example.com to see if there is anything else in the private UMHS database that you might be able to use.
- U-M IMAGES: U-M Photo Services has a very large bank of photos and can provide them to you electronically for a fee (charges depend on the resolution, size and usage rights you need)
- "STOCK" IMAGES: See the "Vendors" section of this page. (U-M employees only)